Motivating Your Child
- Children need the 4 “A”s as well as the 3 “R”s: Attention, Appreciation, Affection, and Acceptance.
- Some researchers believe every child is gifted—if we will just look for the ways. Helping a child see his giftedness is very motivating.
- Encourage children to read biographies about successful people. As children learn about the traits that made others successful, they are often motivated to adopt those same success patterns in their own lives.
- Motivate your children in math by challenging them to figure out how much change you should get back from a purchase. If they get the amount right, they get to keep the change.
- Praise children constantly.